Basketball Queensland (BQ) have created this COVID-19 Resource Hub as a central point of information for our associations, clubs and participants with a series of resources designed to guide and assist a safe return to our courts.
Stage 3: Return to Play (Competition Resumes)
30 July Update
In line with advice from Queensland Health, we would like to remind the basketball community of the importance of following the Queensland Government and BQ’s ‘Return to Play’ guidelines under Stage 3 Easing of Restrictions.
Individuals MUST NOT attend basketball activities if:
- you are feeling unwell and suffering from cold or flu-like symptoms
- you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have come in contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case within the last 14 days
- you are a high health risk (due to age or pre-existing conditions)
- you have travelled internationally
- you have travelled to a COVID declared hotspot
Please remember to check in when you arrive at training or games and to maintain social distancing at all times off the court.
Additional Advice from Queensland Health
Individuals who have been in close contact with a confirmed positive COVID case will be issued with quarantine directions by the Public Health Unit which will require them to isolate for 14 days.
The Public Health Unit may be requesting contact tracing information from organisations today which must be provided within 1 hour of the request.
If you or a family member are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of being unwell, please contact your GP or your local Queensland Health Fever and Respiratory Clinic.
Return to Play Guide for Participants
We encourage all of our participants to read through our Return to Play Guide prior to competitions restarting.
You can read the guide here.
Don’t forgot to check your association’s website for their specific return to basketball information.
Community and Venue Guidelines
- All BQ associations and clubs are eligible to display this certificate after confirmation that our Industry COVID Safe plan has been approved
- Prefer paperless attendance records? All associations and clubs can create an event in our OwnUrGoal app and mark attendance there
- Venue Biosafety Officers must complete this online course
Basketball Queensland encourages all members, including players and their families, coaches, staff, and volunteers to download the COVIDSafe app to assist with contact tracing.
Queensland Mental Health Commission
Please remember that you are not alone during the COVID-19 pandemic. There are some positive, proactive steps we can all take to support our mental health and wellbeing, and that of our family and friends. The Queensland Mental Health Commission has put together a number of helpful wellbeing resources for you to access here.